18 Feb 18, 2018
Queenstown Park Station Open Day - A Recreational Bike Ride
The Porter families, owners of Queenstown Park Station, invite the community to a 2018 Open Day for a Recreational Mountain Bike Ride.
This is a unique opportunity to cycle through a high country station. This is a free event although you will have the chance to donate to the Queenstown Trails Trust on the day if you wish to.
The community and visitors are again invited to a free open day for a recreational mountain bike ride through Queenstown Park Station by the owners of the Station, the Porter families.
This free recreational open day will take riders on a scenic journey from Boyd Road into the Station, below The Remarkables Mountain range alongside the Shotover and Kawarau Rivers and through rolling open country.
To keep the 2018 experience interesting for those who did the ride last year, we’ve changed some of the route so it now follows closer to the river and avoids the big hill in the centre of the station before arriving at the midway beach area at the 9km mark.
There are two route options:
A: ‘Station Loop’ – Start at Boyd Rd, ride to midway picnic beach and return to Boyd Rd (18km).
B: ‘Station to Chard Farm’ – Start at Boyd Rd, ride to midway picnic beach and exit at Chard Farm (13.5km).
- Pre-registration is required. There will be no registrations on the day.
- Riders can start any time between 9:30am – 11:00am at Boyd Rd, off SH6, south of Kawarau Bridge
- Riders to finish by 4pm, exiting by returning to Boyd Road or continuing on to Chard Farm
- No dogs or other animals allowed as this is a working farm
- Riders are welcomed to bring a picnic or food is available to purchase at the midway beach from Life’s a Grind Coffee, Popsicle Tricycle, Pita Pit, Hikari Sushi and Bacon Buttie. Water top-up station, toilets, first-aid, mechanical assistance and clear signage provided.
Parking for ‘Station Loop’ ride is at Boyd Road.
Pick-up area for ‘Station to Chard Farm’ ride is at Chard Farm.
Please register to participate by 3pm Friday 16 February at the Open Day website or for enquiries call 03 442 3084.
Special thanks to the neighbouring landowners Mike & Bridget Mee at Boyd Road, Rob & Gerdi Hay at Chard Farm, who greatly assist with access and parking, and to all volunteers.
9:30am – 4:00pm
Feb 18, 2018
Queenstown Park Station, Queenstown
Boyd Road, Queenstown