Getting Started in the Queenstown Lakes District
It’s always a challenge getting set up in a new town. This page contains lots of links and contacts to help you get set up in the Queenstown Lakes District.
Community Newspapers / Noticeboards
Jobs, rental properties, buy sell and exchange, community services, public notices and more…
- Lakes Weekly Bulletin (comes out every Tuesday morning)
- The Mirror community newspaper (comes out every Wednesday morning)
- Mountain Scene community newspaper (comes out every Thursday afternoon)
- The Queenstown Times (comes out every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning)
- Community Noticeboards at Fresh Choice Supermarket (Gorge Road), New World Supermarket (Frankton) and O’Connell’s Pavilion (Camp Street).
Immigration New Zealand:
Get everything you need if you wish to immigrate to New Zealand.
Inland Revenue Department:
Find out about New Zealand taxes and benefits.
The official site for Queenstown tourism.
Lake Wanaka Tourism:
The official site for Wanaka tourism.
News, views, classifieds, activities, business directory…
An online community for Wanaka and surrounding districts
Join a club:
District wide listings for all types of clubs and organisations.
Affordable Housing Trust:
Solutions for Low-moderate income earners wanting to buy property in the Queenstown Lakes District.
District wide listings for all types of support groups.