Gorge Road Utilities and Road upgrade
A major infrastructure upgrade project will take place on Gorge Road during Spring / Summer.
The project will affect Gorge Road from the Shotover Street roundabout to Industrial Place and is made up of three parts:
- Existing street lights will be upgrade to reflect the Council's Southern Lights Strategy
- Upgrades to sections of the water and sewer mains, replacement of water valvles replacement of laterals, new valves and flow meters.
- A new pedestrian island at the Robins Road intersection
- New bus stop opposite the High School
- Safety improvements including, turning lanes, flush medians and no stopping restrictions.
- New intersection controls at Hylton Place and Hallenstein Street
- landscaping improvements
The Council is working to minimise disruption to traffic.
No work will take place during the busy period between 17 December and Waitangi Day.
Want more information?
Call our customer services team on 03 441 0499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Work starts in September.