Poplar Drive, Kelvin Heights, Queenstown
The local Croquet club is nearby.
History / Description
For generations high country farms (stations) formed the backbone of the New Zealand Farming economy.
Many of the stations in the area were originally ‘pegged out’ by William Gilbert Rees in the early 1860’s. Dickson Jardine took over Run 345, the Kawarau Falls Run, in 1922 and also occupied the Remarkables Run, 331. Dickson’s sons Grieve and Cap joined their father as partners in the station in 1941.
As pressure grew from the expanding population of the Wakatipu Basin land from the Run 345 was put aside for the future generation to enjoy as a recreation centre – Jardine Park.