Operative District Plan
The District Plan is made up of three volumes. This online version is current from the latest set of updates dated February 2016.
The District Plan explains how the Council will manage the environment. It sets out what activities you can do as of right, what activities you need resource consent for, and how certain activities may be carried out. It covers things like:
- Residential development
- Location and height of buildings
- Activities on the surfaces of rivers and lakes
- Natural hazards and the management of hazardous substances
- Use of land for agriculture
- Protection of indigenous vegetation
The Queenstown Lakes District Plan was made fully operative on 10 December 2009. The footer on each page shows the date that page was last amended. Old pages of the Plan will still have the words ‘Partially Operative’ in the footer and this will be corrected as pages are updated.