Queenstown Lakes Housing Accord
Back in October 2014, A Queenstown Lakes Housing Accord was signed between Housing Minister Dr Nick Smith and Mayor Vanessa van Uden to provide an additional 1300 homes over the next three years.
The Council has been working to progress the agreement and will make recommendations for areas of land to be declared Special Housing Areas early this year.
The Council asked for expressions of interest for special housing areas. These will be considered at the Council meeting on 3 June 2015. See media release below. Before Council makes any decision it would like feedback from the community on the expressions of interest. The expressions of interest are available via the link below.
We have received an Expression of Interest to develop a special housing area as a retirement village outside Arrowtown.
While the Housing Accords and Special Housing Areas Act doesn't provide for formal consultation on the establishment of special housing areas, the Mayor and Councillors are interested to hear local views on this proposal.
Affordable Housing Forum Report
Staff Report and Recommendations
- Report (143 KB)
- Attachment A: Special Housing Area Expressions of Interest
- Attachment B: Assessment and Infrastructure Reports (3.7MB)
- Attachment C: Evaluation Panel’s Assessment (94KB)
- Attachment D: Arrowtown Housing Demand Study (1.7MB)
- Attachment E: Environment Court Decision on Plan Change 29 (5.5MB)
- Attachment F: Advice from Ministry of Education (1MB)
Informal Feedback Received from the Community on the Expressions of Interest
- Informal Feedback (956KB)
- Special Housing Areas - Expressions of Interest
- Council Lead Policy - 26 October 2017 (1.1MB)
- Media Release - Special Housing Area Considersation Deferred - 24 April 2015
- SHA Resource Consent Assessment Process (145KB)
- Media Release - Queenstown Lakes Housing Accord Signed - 23 October 2014
- Signed Queenstown Lakes District Housing Accord (PDF, 2MB)
- Q & A Sheet - Housing Accords (164KB)