Affected Party Approval

You may be contacted by a neighbour who intends to lodge an application for a resource consent.
Consultation with neighbours is not mandatory but it can be very helpful.

If you support a proposal you can indicate that by signing a copy of the plans and completing an affected party approval form(see below).

  • There is no compulsion to sign an affected party approval.
  • You may request more information from the applicant.
  • You may choose to discuss the application with our enquiries planner or
  • You may simply refuse to sign the form.

Please remember that if you do sign an affected party approval form the Council will NOT consider any effects on you or your property when it processes the resource consent application.