Rose Douglas Park
Rose Douglas Park is named in honour of a long serving teacher and headmistress of the Arrowtown Primary School.
On this site she established a school garden, which became a much visited show piece for the town and instilled in the children of the day a love of plants and gardening.
Miss Rosona Daphyn began teaching in the Arrowtown District High School in 1911. That school closed in 1913. In 1918 she became head teacher of the Arrowtown Primary School (originally across the road from Rose Douglas Park in Anglesea Street) and remained in that position until 1945. She married John Haddow Douglas in 1915. John Douglas was instrumental in establishing the Lakes District Museum in 1948.