Online Rates Payments
Please read this important information and click on the link below to pay your rates online.
- Bank provider - this service is provided by our bank, BNZ, in agreement with Queenstown Lakes District Council. You do not have to be a BNZ customer to use this service. Visa or MasterCard only are accepted.
- Online convenience fee - BNZ charge you a convenience fee of 2.49% per transaction for this service (with a minimum fee of $1.00 per transaction). We do not receive any part of this fee.
- Payment details - please have your invoice in front of you to ensure you accurately enter your valuation number and property address. Please note that a seperate transaction is required for each property.
- Processing time - be sure to allow sufficient time before your instalment due date for processing of your payment. Payments made after 6pm New Zealand time will appear in your rates account the following business day. If a payment is made on the due date but is after 6pm, then a 10% penalty will be incurred.
- After the transaction - you will be given a reference number. A receipt will not be provided, however you can print the screen or note down the details for future reference.
- Refund enquiries - should be directed to Queenstown Lakes District Council, phone Queenstown 03 441 0499 or Wanaka 03 443 0024, or email email@example.com
- For other payment methods please check our Dates & Payments page.
Want to pay another way?
We have many other ways you can pay your rates. Click the link below to view full payment options.
Please contact the BNZ Helpdesk on 0800 737 774 Monday - Friday between 8am and 5pm.