Public transport takes away the stress of driving and finding a carpark.
Queenstown and the Wakatipu basin is serviced by the Orbus bus service. The service offers a $2 flat fare anywhere in the network, provided you have a GoCard.
Go Cards can be purchased for $5 from Queenstown Airport (at the Milford Sound Scenic Flights desk next to the baggage claim area), O’Connells Mall kiosk (outside Goldfields Jewellers), or on every bus that’s part of our $2 bus network.
There are four routes, with all passing via the Frankton bus hub:
- Arrowtown to Arthurs Point (via Frankton)
- Fernhill to Remarkables Park
- Kelvin Heights to Frankton Flats
- Lake Hayes Estate to Jacks Point
For more information including routes and schedules please click here
Alternatively a downloadable PDF version is available here
Connexions runs a daily coach service throughout the South Island. Visit the ConneXions website
- Bluebubble Queenstown - phone 03 450 3000
- Green Cabs - phone 0508 447 336
- Corporate Cabs - phone 0800 789 789
- Queenstown Water Taxi - phone 03 441 1124
Getting to the airport and flight information
Connectabus runs a direct service to the airport from the Queenstown town centre and all major hotels.