Find out about the strategies and policies that are guiding future transport, roading and parking projects. QLDC is currently reviewing its transport strategies.
Transport Strategy Queenstown Town Centre
- Adopted Transport Strategy Queenstown Town Centre (1.43MB)
- QLDC Transport Strategy Summary (297KB)
- Queenstown Town Centre Transport Strategy Next Steps – June 2016 (451KB)
Wakatipu Transportation Strategy
The Wakatipu Transportation Strategy went through three stages of consultation before finally being adopted in 2007.
Wanaka Transportation Strategy
The Wanaka Transportation Strategy was developed alongside the Wanaka Structure Plan to make sure growth in Wanaka was managed in a holistic way. The strategy was adopted in March 2008 after a lengthy consultation process.
Queenstown Lakes District on foot, by cycle
Consultation on a draft walking and cycling strategy was completed in July 2008. The strategy is presently being reviewed by New Zealand Transport Agency prior to coming back to the Council for adoption. The strategy will set out the implementation and funding programme for cycling and walking improvements in the district.
Travel Demand Management
- Travel Demand Management Programme (144.51 KB)
- Appendix 1 Travel Awareness Programme (62.15 KB)
- Appendix 2 School Travel Plan Programme (108.82 KB)
- QLDC Strategy for the Procurement of Transport Infrastructure Services (880KB)
- Otago Southland Regional Land Transport Plans 2015-2021 (3MB)
- Futurelink Strategy 2005 (1.40 MB)