The following files and information were made available to the public during the 2010 consultation process to help them make a decision on the siting of the Wanaka Sports Facility project.
The Council consulted on the proposed co-location of new swimming and sports facilities for Wanaka via its 2009-19 Ten-year plan process.
As a result of this process, the Council decided to:
- request a technical assessment of greenfields sites before choosing between one of these sites and the A and P Grounds proposal;
- include a provisional capital sum in 2009/10 for the purchase of a greenfields site if selected.
- support the proposed format of the aquatic centre but defer the aquatic centre for 10-15 years, due to the current economic climate and a recent report that the current facility can continue to operate at an affordable cost(after some improvements in air handling and floor surfaces;
- investigate investing in some internal facility enhancement on the existing pool, including the possible creation of learners pool for inclusion in the 2010/11 Annual Plan;
- confirm that an indoor sports facility is the priority and commence development of a stadium and hard court area (with provision for an aquatic centre footprint) in year 3 of the 10-Year Plan (2011).
Co-location of facilities
>> Report to Council on the Co-location of an Aquatic Centre and Indoor Sports Facility in Wanaka (pdf 135kb)
>> Appendix 1 - Scoping report (not available online, please contact customer services for a copy)
>> Appendix 2 - Co-location report (pdf 207kb)
>> Wanaka Aquatic Centre Working Party progress report (pdf 203kb)
>> Summary of feedback received on proposed Aquatic Centre facilities mix (pdf 94kb)
>> Budget estimate – Queenstown Aquatic Centre (pdf 63kb)
>> Responses to school survey on a proposed Aquatic Centre (pdf 13kb)
Wanaka Camping Ground