Tenders and EOIs
This page lists current tenders and EOIs for Queenstown Lakes District Council.
C-17-012 Queenstown Events Centre Cricket Oval Upgrade
- Request for Tender [329KB]
- Construction Specifications [873KB]
- Drawings [5MB]
- Conditions of Tendering [244KB]
- Price Schedule [ 54KB]
C-17-011 Camp Hill Road Pavement Rehabilitation
- Contract Document [1.4MB]
- Additional Fees Payable for Professional Services due to Late Completion [10KB]
- Schedule of Prices [16KB]
- Drawings [866KB]
Expressions of Interest
Seeking District Licensing Committee List Members and Chairpersons
Queenstown Lakes District Council is seeking expressions of interest from persons in the community to become committee members and/or chairperson/s for the Queenstown Lakes District Licensing Committee (DLC).
Do you think you can help shape Queenstown Lakes District?
The DLC serves its community by making decisions on local licensing matters within the framework of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 (the Act).
DLC functions include:
- To consider and determine applications for licences and manager’s certificates; and
- To consider and determine applications for temporary authority to carry on the sale and supply of alcohol over another licensees base licence; and
- To consider applications for the variations of licence (other than special licences); and
- With leave of the Commissioner, refer matters to the licensing authority; and
- To conduct inquiries and to make reports as may be required by the licensing authority; and;
- To conduct any other functions as conferred on licensing committees by the Act, such as conducting public hearings into licensing matters when appropriate.
The successful candidate will have good standing in the community and the necessary knowledge, skill and experience relating to matters that are likely to come before the DLC. The candidate must not currently be involved with the alcohol industry to the extent that there would be an appearance of bias. The role involves consideration of applications plus conducting public hearings and other functions as required. This is a semi-judicial role and as such decisions must be legally robust and not subject to influence from what may be deemed popular or unpopular in particular sections of the community.
The successful candidate will have the following competencies:
- Experience relevant to alcohol licensing matters
- Understanding of the harm caused by the excessive consumption of alcohol
- Community knowledge
- Proven track record in decision making
- Experience at hearings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional integrity
Applicants should submit expressions of interest together with a registration of interest letter relevant to the appropriate role, and a copy of their Curriculum Vitae. If expressing interest in appointment as a DLC commissioner, applicants should include three examples of their written decisions with their registration. Expressions of interest can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competency Guidance for DLC Members [PDF 982KB]
- District Licensing Committee - Chair Position Description [PDF 113KB]
- District Licensing Committee - Member Position Description [PDF 112KB]
Expressions of interest close 8th January 2017