Wanaka Sports Facility Original Consultation Material
Draft Facilities Mix Report
The Draft Facilities Mix Report and Draft Concept Design on the Wanaka Sports Facility project was presented to the community for feedback in September 2011.
The report covered:
- Analysis of feedback received from the first round of consultation last July
- Population trends
- Policy specification
- Recommended facility mix for the entire site
- Download the Draft Facilities Mix Report (PDF, 781KB)
- Download the Draft Concept Site Plan (PDF, 851KB)
- Wanaka Sports Facility Consultation Strategy Information Document (PDF, 64.9KB)
Where to from here?
The Facilities Mix Report and Concept Design has been updated to reflect decisions around the submissions.
The concept design has been completed and was presented to Council on Tuesday 28 February, 2012.
The following files and information were made available to the public during the 2010 consultation process to help them make a decision on the siting of the Wanaka Sports Facility project.
The Council consulted on the proposed co-location of new swimming and sports facilities for Wanaka via its 2009-19 Ten-year plan process.
As a result of this process, the Council decided to:
- request a technical assessment of greenfields sites before choosing between one of these sites and the A and P Grounds proposal;
- include a provisional capital sum in 2009/10 for the purchase of a greenfields site if selected.
- support the proposed format of the aquatic centre but defer the aquatic centre for 10-15 years, due to the current economic climate and a recent report that the current facility can continue to operate at an affordable cost(after some improvements in air handling and floor surfaces;
- investigate investing in some internal facility enhancement on the existing pool, including the possible creation of learners pool for inclusion in the 2010/11 Annual Plan;
- confirm that an indoor sports facility is the priority and commence development of a stadium and hard court area (with provision for an aquatic centre footprint) in year 3 of the 10-Year Plan (2011).
Co-location of facilities
- Report to Council on the Co-location of an Aquatic Centre and Indoor Sports Facility in Wanaka (pdf 135kb)
- Appendix 1 - Scoping report (not available online, please contact customer services for a copy)
- Appendix 2 - Co-location report (pdf 207kb)
- Wanaka Aquatic Centre Working Party progress report (pdf 203kb)
- Summary of feedback received on proposed Aquatic Centre facilities mix (pdf 94kb)
- Budget estimate – Queenstown Aquatic Centre (pdf 63kb)
- Responses to school survey on a proposed Aquatic Centre (pdf 13kb)
Wanaka Camping Ground
- Wanaka Camping Facilities – issues and options (pdf 1.2mb)