The Council’s Mission
To enhance the quality of life for all people within the District:
- By further developing services and facilities.
- By carrying out sound social, physical and economic planning.
- By ensuring the provision of cost effective services is responsive to community needs.
Council value statements
- Commitment to striving for the long term desires of each community.
- Protection of the environment is essential.
- Recognition of the diversity of communities within the District.
- Communication and consultation with the residents and ratepayers of the district on major policy direction.
- Provision of services in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- A high level of service to residents and ratepayers of the district.
- Management of community assets with a long-term strategic view of community desires.
- A proactive approach to managing the resources of the district.
- A commitment to the strategic planning process.