Draft QLDC Disability Policy
QLDC is seeking public feedback on a draft Disability Policy. This policy outlines key principles and policy goals that will contribute to the removal of barriers to participation for disabled people living in and visiting our community.
The policy goals proposed in the draft Disability Policy are:
- QLDC will enable the participation of disabled people in QLDC’s service design, planning and decision making process.
- QLDC will demonstrate an understanding of the lived experience of disabled people.
- QLDC communicates inclusively for disabled people.
- QLDC delivers or funds events that are inclusive of disabled people.
- QLDC public infrastructure is increasingly accessible to disabled people.
- QLDC facilities are accessible to disabled people.
- QLDC will promote the development of a resilient community that includes disabled people, with a particular focus on emergency events.
- QLDC is a good employer that aims to build a diverse workforce and provides a safe and accessible working environment.
Public feedback closes on Friday 9 February 2018. We will review all feedback and take it into account when finalising the Disability Policy for Council consideration.
Have your say
Anyone can leave feedback on the draft Disability Policy via the below online survey. There will also be drop in sessions in Queenstown Library on Thursday 25 January 2018 from 5pm to 7pm and at Wanaka Library on Saturday 27 January from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
If you cannot attend one of the drop in sessions but wish to provide your feedback verbally please call QLDC Queenstown Office on 441 0499 or Wanaka Office on 443 0024 to arrange an appointment.
If you prefer, feedback can also be emailed to email@example.com (subject line ‘QLDC draft Disability Policy feedback').
Feedback closes at 5pm on Friday 9 February, 2018.
Please be aware that your comments and your name (but not your contact details) will be made public after feedback closes if you give permission via the online survey.