Applications to the 2018 Events Funding round will open in April.
Timeframes for the 2018/19 Round:
Applications open: 2 April 2018
Applications close: 30 April 2018
Decision announced by 29 June 2018.
How to apply
Please read the Event Funding Guidelines then complete the online application form:
Background to the Events Fund
The QLDC Event Strategy 2015 - 2018 outlines Council’s vision and goals for supporting events in the district. QLDC has committed to provide significant investment to support both commercial and community events in the district. This investment includes the development of the annual QLDC Events Fund. Refer to the QLDC Events Strategy for information about the funding criteria and key considerations for funding application evaluations.
Council’s vision of this strategy is to:
“Promote and support a balanced portfolio of sporting and cultural events that meet community objectives for the District as a whole in respect of recreational activities, community infrastructure and economic growth.”
Both commercial and community events can apply to the annual QLDC Events Fund, for amounts over $5,000. Local community events applying for less than $5,000 (per year) can apply at any time through our Local Community Support form (previously In Kind).
The information contained in your funding application will be treated as confidential by the QLDC. The material submitted for the funding assessment process will be treated as “commercially sensitive material” and therefore will be held in confidence.
Information and media releases on past funding rounds can be viewed here:
- Mayor and Council backs events (30 June 2017)
- QLDC announces successful applicants to 2016 Events Fund
- QLDC Announces Funding for Major Events (2 July 2015)
- Events Funding - Applications Now Open (9 April 2015)
- QLDC Confirms Support for Major Events (2 July 2014)
- Applications Open for Event Funding (7 April 2014)
- QLDC Events Funding Approved (12 March 2014)
- QLDC Approves $315,000 in Events Funding (26 September 2013)
- First Funding Round Announced (14 August 2013)
- Events Funding Round to Open (28 June 2013)
For queries, please phone 03 441 0499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org