Film Permit Queenstown Lakes District

Film Otago Southland is a collaboration representing six regions in the southern half of New Zealand's South Island. It covers the established film offices of Film Queenstown and Film Dunedin, as well as the districts of Central Otago, Clutha, Waitaki and Southland.

We will offer advice on permits whether you’re using local roads, facilities or public places.

You may require consents for bigger shoots or if you’re building structures, using pyrotechnics, fire or firearms – it’s best to check it all out in advance.

Contact us in the first instance and we can point you in the right direction:
Please outline, in as much detail as you can, your project including your preferred locations to: email or phone 03 441 0475 / 450 0531

We recommend you engage a locally-based line producer or location scout/manager.

They are listed on the Industry Directory on the website and they can help you obtain all your permissions and advise you and manage legal requirements, accepted work practices , visa applications, tax, insurance and all other aspects of production.

For information on flying drones in the Queenstown Lakes visit here.