- Home >
New executive management team for Council
- Jun 17, 2013
The delivery of a new organisational structure for the Queenstown Lakes District Council took an important step forward today with the announcement of the new executive management team, said QLDC Chief Executive Adam Feeley.
“It has been a difficult period for the Council and its two CCO’s, but these appointments now help bring additional leadership to address the challenges presented by the organisational review,” Mr Feeley said. Having a new executive management team confirmed in advance of the 1 July 2013 organisational change was an important milestone, he said.
“The review has been about lifting QLDC’s performance both in terms of public service and value for money. I now have the right team in place to drive those changes,” he said. The executive management team (in alphabetical order) are:
- General Manager, Infrastructure & Assets – Erik Barnes
- General Manager, Planning and Development - Marc Bretherton
- Director, Human Resources – Beth Bundy
- Chief Financial Officer – Stewart Burns
- Chief Information Officer – Kirsty Martin
- Director, Chief Executive’s Office – Meaghan Miller
- General Manager, Operations – Ruth Stokes
- General Manager, Legal & Regulatory (TBC)
“It is a very talented team of people which strikes a good blend between local knowledge and some fresh perspectives. They are as committed as I am about being part of a Council that is changing for the better,” Mr Feeley said.
Mr Feeley said that further senior appointments were still pending, although the vast majority of roles had now been confirmed. A small round of recruitment was scheduled to go to market next week.
Key recommendations in the Organisation Review (which will take effect from 1 July) included:
- Integrating the operations of Lakes Leisure Ltd and the Community Services team of QLDC into a new Operations group;
- Integrating the operations of Lakes Environmental Ltd engineering team with the Infrastructure Services team of QLDC;
- Creating a new legal and regulatory team to manage all of QLDC’s regulatory and enforcement functions;
- Bringing the building and resource consenting activities of Lakes Environmental Ltd and the planning policy functions of QLDC into a single Planning & Development group.
For further information contact: Adam Feeley 021 333 539
By: Jo Blick