- Home >
Weather related road closures
- Feb 4, 2020
Last update: 4.25pm, Tuesday 4 February 2020
The following roads have been affected by surface flooding, slips or trees down:
- Glenorchy Road - closed between Fernhill and Sunshine Bay due to a landslide. Crews are on site to clear up and a detour is in place
- Glenorchy Road - a slip that had closed the road near Bob's Cove has been partially cleared allowing it to reopen around 4.00pm today (initially single lane with speed restrictions)
- Paradise Road (Earnslaw Burn washout) - currently closed at Priory Road / Paradise Road turn off.
- Kinloch Road – closed on the Glenorchy side of Dart River Bridge and unlikely to be open today.
- Routeburn Road (Scott Creek washout) – road closed and not passable
- Mount Aspiring Road – closed from just after the Treble Cone ski field turn off onwards.
- There are also road closures for the State Highways - including SH6 from Frankton (Lakeside Estate) to Lumsden which NZTA says is likely to remain closed overnight. Keep an eye on the NZTA Facebook page and website for the latest updates.
Rain if forecast to ease overnight.
- Rees Valley Road - reopened 9.00pm Monday.
- Crown Range Road - reopened 9.40am Tuesday.
Weather forecast and updates
With significant rainfall forecast throughout the rest of the day, there is a chance of further rockfalls and slips around the district. If you need to travel, please drive with caution and and slow down until you can see the road ahead is clear. Otherwise we would recommend delaying travel until the situation improves.
We will post updates on our Facebook page and here as new information comes in.
To sign up for our e-text service, please head to: www.qldc.govt.nz/council-online/online-forms/text-alerts
is likely to remain closed overnight. Rain is forecast to ease overnight.