Accommodation in our District
Listed below are resources for those looking for temporary or permanent accommodation in our District
03 441 0793
- Queenstown Trading
- For Rent in Queenstown, New Zealand
- Queenstown Houses to Rent
- Queenstown (NZ) Apartments/Houses/Rooms/Flatmates wanted
- Frankton Flyer
- Lakes Weekly Bulletin
Queenstown Lakes Community Housing Trust
The Queenstown Lakes Community Housing Trust (QLCHT) has a range of housing programmes, each designed to assist low to moderate income households, who contribute to the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of this District and are genuinely struggling to commit to the area because of the housing affordability issue.
The Trust’s mission is to help committed residents of the Queenstown Lakes District into decent affordable housing with secure tenure.
There is a basic set of criteria which needs to be met in order to be eligible for assistance through QLCHT, such as:
- You must have lived in the Queenstown Lakes District for a minimum of six months and have made this your permanent home.
- At least one adult member of your household must have Permanent New Zealand Residency or New Zealand Citizenship.
- At least one member of your household must be in fulltime employment.
- Your financial position (income and assets) is assessed against a set of criteria.
For more information, and to register your interest please go to the Housing Trust website www.qlcht.org.nz
Work and Income Queenstown:
If you have any questions about your personal accommodation situation that you would like to ask Work and Income Queenstown, please email your query to: QTO_Client_Query@msd.govt.nz. One of their team will be in touch to discuss your needs and the best way to help you.
One option may be public housing - you can read more about who is eligible here: http://www.housing.msd.govt.nz/housing-options/social-housing/who-can-get-social-housing.html
Staff at Happiness House are available to assist you with the application process if you require support.
4 Park St, Queenstown
Phone: 03 442 6531
Mobile: 027 973 5535
Salvation Army Queenstown Community Ministries:
Counselling, budgeting advice, advocacy and assistance with food, furniture and clothing is available from our Queenstown office. Please contact us at:
71 Gorge Road
Phone: (03) 442 9661
Contact: Hine Marchand