Commercial Building Project Forms

Key information

  • Checklists accompanying applications require a sound technical knowledge of the NZ Building Code. It is recommended your designer assists with their completion.

  • Check forms and documentation requirements for intended building work. Missing information delays the start of processing and potentially processing itself.

  • Submit by uploading to QLDC Sharefile, with the correct file names. Save documents with the required name and in the required format straight away, to avoid later changes.


The following QLDC guidance documents provide information to support you with understanding the requirements of the building consent process:

MBIE guidance and requirements

Required documents

These documents MUST be downloaded and submitted as part of your Building Consent application for a commercial project:

Note: ensure floor areas of building work, and building work estimated values, match exactly on Form 2 and AF CALC. Building work values should be GST inclusive.

Also supply the following:

  • Proof of ownership, no more than three months old: Record/Certificate of Title, Rates Account, Sale and Purchase agreement or Lease agreement
  • Letter from the owner appointing agent

Submit by uploading to QLDC Sharefile, with the correct file names.

Alterations to existing buildings

Compliance Schedules and BWOFs

Forms and more information, including for Specified Systems are here.


Additional forms

Additional services requests may be required. Fill in and submit on QLDC Sharefile. 

To nominate a contact person who will be emailed all inspection reports:

Apply to connect to water, piped sewerage (wastewater) and/or stormwater

  • More information is here 

Apply to build a driveway over council property to a road

If an intended means of compliance is an Alternative Solution, use this form:

For a proposed Minor Variation, use this form:

If exemption from requiring a Building Consent (under Schedule 1, Building Act 2004) is intended, use these forms:

For a B2 Durability modification: 

To apply for a waiver or modification to any clause of the building code as part of the Building Consent, use this form:

To construct a building across two allotments, please utilise this form:

To apply for a street footpath-damage deposit refund, if your original consent application required a deposit, use this form:

Trade Waste 

If a Trade Waste License is required e.g. for grease trap discharge, please contact a QLDC Trade Waste Officer.


Certificate for Public Use (CPU)

  • More information is here

Code Compliance Certificate (CCC)

More information and forms are here.

Certificate of Acceptance (COA)

More information and forms are here.


Submitting documents and fees

Upload to QLDC SharePoint and find fee payment here.