Solid Fuel Heaters
Building Consents are required for the installation, modification and removal of both solid fuel and liquid fuel heaters. When approving these building consents QLDC needs to consider the requirements of the Building Code, AS/NZS 2918 Domestic solid fuel burning appliances, the manufacturer’s installation instructions and the National Environmental Standards for Air Quality.
The following information may be utilised to support with your building consent application:
- IS SFB- Solid Fuel Burner BC Application Guidance (61KB) (NEW)
- MBIE Guidance- Approving building consents for solid fuel-burning appliances
- IS BCF - Building Consent Fee Schedule (198 KB) (NEW)
The Form 2 Building Consent Application form must be completed along with a checklist for either your Solid Fuel or Liquid Fuel heater project:
- Form 2 - SBCG Building Consent Application (770 KB) (NEW)
- SBCG 19SF Solid Fuel Burner Checklist (130 KB)
- SBCG 19LF Liquid Burner Checklist (268 KB)
After you have downloaded and completed these forms they should be uploaded to the Building Services department using the Sharefile portal.