Sharefile (File Transfer Portal)
This portal can be used to upload electronic application forms and files to support the processing of the following applications:
- Building consent applications
- Building Consent Request for Information (RFI) files
- CCC Applications
- COA applications
- CPU applications
- Amendment/ Minor Variation applications
- Exemption applications
In order to help us process your submitted information efficiently please use the following naming conventions for the files that you submit:
BC Application- Filenames
After you have downloaded and filled in all required forms and collected the required building consent information, please save the documents using the following filenames.
Please PDF these documents together into ONE file and send these with the filename "BC App"
|"CODW"||Certificate of Design Work|
Completed checksheet for your specific building project. This could be ONE of the following:
Please send the file in its original format (i.e. MS Word for CS19.3)
|"Plans"||Full details of the technical plans for the building project collated into one PDF or a zip file|
|"Specs"||Full specification list for the building project collated into one PDF or a zip file|
CS7.2 Agreement to Provide a Producer Statement. Please send the file in its new PDF format
|“Producer Statements”||Producer Statement documents e.g. truss design, PS1, PS2's. Please PDF as one file|
RFI Information- Filenames
|RFI lodgement||Any information relating to an RFI Request from the lodgement stage of your application|
|RFI processing||Any information relating to an RFI Request from the building consent processing stage of your application|
Other Applications Filenames
The Sharefile portal may be used to upload other application forms to QLDC Building Services Department. Please use the following filenames for these documents:
|“MV (BC number)”||AFMV form for minor variation request. Note: Please add BC number into filename|
|“CCC App”||Form 6 – Application for CCC|
|“COA App”||Form 8- Application for Certificate of Acceptance|
|“BWOF”||Form 12 or 12a – BWOF Application|
|“CS App”||Form 27, 27R or SBCG 11- Application for Compliance Schedule or Amendment|
Form 15- Application for CPU
CS9.1 Certifcate for Public Use Checklist
|“Ex App”||AF EX – Application for Exemption from BC|
Once you have uploaded your documents the Building Services team should be in touch within 24 hours in order to acknowledge receipt of the upload and provide a reference number for your application. If you don’t hear from the Building Team within 24 hours, please contact us to ensure that the upload was successful.
Building Consent Initial Fees and other charges
In addition to submitting the required forms you will need to also make payment of a Building Consent Initial Fee, before your application can progress. There are a number of fees and charges associated with the Building Consent process and associated building control services. For a full list of these please refer to IS BCF – Building Consent Fees Schedule. We also have an easy to use calculator to help you assess the fees that will be directly associated with your building consent- AF CALC .
All fees should be direct credited to the below BNZ Queenstown Account with the following payment details:
- Account Number: 02-0948-0211515-00
- Particulars: Payer Name
- Code: Property Address
- Reference: Building Consent number (if known) e.g. BC170036, or "BC" followed by the first 5 letters of the Owners Surname e.g. BCJONES
File Transfer Portal (ShareFile)
Please note: Sharefile has recently changed the way the portal works. Please follow the below instructions to upload your files:
- Fill in all mandatory fields with your Name, Email, Contact Phone Number and Reference. The "Reference" field should be the BC number or relevant application number if this is known. If it isn't known, use the property address.
- Either drag and drop each file that you want to upload into the "Drag files here" window or use the browse files function
- After all files that you want to submit have been selected, click on the "Upload" button
- You will be advised that your documents have been uploaded successfully when "Uploaded" appears next to each file name (as per below). You will be able to scroll through the "Uploaded" list using the scroll bar to the right of the list
Please only submit one package of BC Application documents at a time. The size limit per file is 2GB.