Proposed District Plan - Stage 2
Stage 2 of the Proposed District Plan is made up of six new topics addressing Transport, Earthworks, Signs, Visitor Accommodation, Wakatipu Basin Land-use and Open Space and Recreation.
Summary of Decisions Requested - This document has been corrected to show the position for each submission. Please see the Public Notice dated 11 May 2018 below for details.
Summary of Decisions Requested for Omitted Submission - This summary relates to submission 2660 - Fire and Emergency New Zealand, which was omitted in error from the original summary of decisions requested. Further submissions on this close on 24 May 2018.
Supplementary Information on Decisions Requested - this page includes a link to a mapping tool indicating zoning request submissions
- Notification of Correction to Summary of Decisions Requested - Notified 11 May 2018
- Notification of Omission in Summary of Decisions Requested - Notified 10 May 2018
- Notification of Summary of Decisions Requested (for Further Submissions) - Notified 12 April 2018
- Notification of Stage 2 - Notified 23 November 2017
Hearings for Stage 2 of the Proposed District Plan are coming up.
Stream 14 - Wakatipu Basin (9 July – 27 July 2018)
- Chapter 24 – Wakatipu Basin (including Mapping submissions on stage 1 for this area not yet heard)
- Arrowtown Mapping
Stream 15 - District Wide (3 September – 28 September 2018)
- Chapter 25 – Earthworks
- Chapter 29 - Transport
- Chapter 31 - Signs
- Chapter 38 – Open Space and Recreation
- Visitor Accommodation Variation
Hearing Panel Communications - Stage 2
Fact Sheets and videos
- Proposed District Plan Stage 2 - A Snapshot
- Visitor Accommodation
- Visitor Accommodation Mythbusters Video
- Wakatipu Basin Land Use Variation
- Open Space
- An everyday guide: Making a Submission about a Proposed Plan or Plan Change (booklet provided by the Ministry for the Environment)
Section 32 Reports
Every proposed chapter is accompanied by a section 32 report. This is a report required by Section 32 of the Resource Management Act that requires a number of matters to be addressed, including the cost and benefits of rules and policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can submit a question or view previous questions and the answers provided
Want to talk about it?
A duty planner will also be available during normal office hours during the notification period other than 22 December 2017 to 7 January 2018. Call 03 441 0499 (Queenstown) or 03 443 0024 (Wanaka) or email PDPEnquiries@qldc.govt.nz