Proposed District Plan - Stage 2
Stage 2 of the Proposed District Plan is made up of six new topics addressing Transport, Earthworks, Signs, Visitor Accommodation, Wakatipu Basin Land-use and Open Space and Recreation.
Full information on this stage is available on the pages below. If you have any queries on any of the information provided or need help finding a particular document, please contact the duty policy planner on 03 441 0499 (Queenstown) or 03 443 0024 (Wanaka) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help.
The pages below provide full information on each Hearing Stream for Stage 2, including the Section 42A Reports (planner's reports) and all evidence presented.
Stream 14 - Wakatipu Basin (9 July – 26 July and 24 October 2018)
- Chapter 24 – Wakatipu Basin (including Mapping submissions on stage 1 for this area not yet heard)
- Arrowtown Mapping
Stream 15 - District Wide (3 September – 28 September and 24 October 2018)
- Chapter 25 – Earthworks
- Chapter 29 - Transport
- Chapter 31 - Signs
- Chapter 38 – Open Space and Recreation
- Visitor Accommodation Variation
Hearing Panel Communications - Stage 2
The link below contains full information on submissions received on stage 2 including the summary of decisions requested and further submissions.
- Notification of Addendum to Summary of Decision Requested - Notified 20 September 2018
- Notification of Variation (Table 24.2) - Notified 9 August 2018 Click here to view Table 24.2 - Activities in the Wakatipu Basin Lifestyle Precinct
- Notification of Omission in original Summary of Decisions Requested - Notified 9 August 2018
- Notification of Omission in original Summary of Decisions Requested - Notified 26 July 2018
- Notification of Summary of Decision Requested - Wanaka View Motel Limited - Notified 12 July 2018
- Notification of Correction to Summary of Decisions Requested - Notified 11 May 2018
- Notification of Omission in Summary of Decisions Requested - Notified 10 May 2018
- Notification of Summary of Decisions Requested (for Further Submissions) - Notified 12 April 2018
- Notification of Stage 2 - Notified 23 November 2017
Section 32 Reports
Every proposed chapter is accompanied by a section 32 report. This is a report required by Section 32 of the Resource Management Act that requires a number of matters to be addressed, including the cost and benefits of rules and policies.
Fact Sheets and videos
- Proposed District Plan Stage 2 - A Snapshot
- Visitor Accommodation
- Visitor Accommodation Mythbusters Video
- Wakatipu Basin Land Use Variation
- Open Space
- An everyday guide: Making a Submission about a Proposed Plan or Plan Change (booklet provided by the Ministry for the Environment)
Click to view Frequently Asked Questions - You can submit a question or view previous questions and the answers provided
Want to talk about it?
A duty planner will be available during normal office hours. Call 03 441 0499 (Queenstown) or 03 443 0024 (Wanaka) or email PDPEnquiries@qldc.govt.nz