Proposed District Plan - Stage 2
Stage 2 of the Proposed District Plan is made up of six new topics addressing Transport, Earthworks, Signs, Visitor Accommodation, Wakatipu Basin Land-use and Open Space and Recreation.
Variation to Stage 2
Stage 2 of the Proposed District Plan review was notified on 23 November 2017. It has since been discovered that an incomplete version of Chapter 24 – Wakatipu Basin was made available at the date of notification. This incomplete version omitted Table 24.2 - Activities in the Wakatipu Basin Lifestyle Precinct. The incomplete version was available on the Queenstown Lakes District Council website from 23 to 28 November 2017 before it was corrected.
Due to this error Queenstown Lakes District Council gives public notice on Thursday 9 August 2018, of a Variation to Chapter 24 – Wakatipu Basin. This is to allow any person who was not aware of the proposed Table 24.2 to make a submission on these proposed provisions:
The closing date for submissions on this variation only is Thursday 6 September 2018. Submissions must follow Form 5 as prescribed by the Resource Management Act 1991.
Hearings for Stage 2 of the Proposed District Plan are under way.
Stream 14 - Wakatipu Basin (9 July – 26 July 2018)
- Chapter 24 – Wakatipu Basin (including Mapping submissions on stage 1 for this area not yet heard)
- Arrowtown Mapping
Stream 15 - District Wide (3 September – 28 September 2018)
- Chapter 25 – Earthworks
- Chapter 29 - Transport
- Chapter 31 - Signs
- Chapter 38 – Open Space and Recreation
- Visitor Accommodation Variation
Hearing Panel Communications - Stage 2
The link below contains full information on submissions on stage 2.
- Part of submissions from Millbrook Country Club Ltd and Streat Developments Ltd which were omitted from the original summary of decisions requested. For further details see the Public Notice.
- Notification of Variation (Table 24.2) - Notified 9 August 2018
- Notification of Omission in original Summary of Decisions Requested - Notified 9 August 2018
- Notification of Omission in original Summary of Decisions Requested - Notified 26 July 2018
- Notification of Summary of Decision Requested - Wanaka View Motel Limited - Notified 12 July 2018
- Notification of Correction to Summary of Decisions Requested - Notified 11 May 2018
- Notification of Omission in Summary of Decisions Requested - Notified 10 May 2018
- Notification of Summary of Decisions Requested (for Further Submissions) - Notified 12 April 2018
- Notification of Stage 2 - Notified 23 November 2017
Section 32 Reports
Every proposed chapter is accompanied by a section 32 report. This is a report required by Section 32 of the Resource Management Act that requires a number of matters to be addressed, including the cost and benefits of rules and policies.
Fact Sheets and videos
- Proposed District Plan Stage 2 - A Snapshot
- Visitor Accommodation
- Visitor Accommodation Mythbusters Video
- Wakatipu Basin Land Use Variation
- Open Space
- An everyday guide: Making a Submission about a Proposed Plan or Plan Change (booklet provided by the Ministry for the Environment)
Click to view Frequently Asked Questions - You can submit a question or view previous questions and the answers provided
Want to talk about it?
A duty planner will be available during normal office hours. Call 03 441 0499 (Queenstown) or 03 443 0024 (Wanaka) or email PDPEnquiries@qldc.govt.nz