Practice Notes and Guidance files
Practice Notes set out Council’s interpretation of certain District Plan provisions where uncertainty or ambiguity exists. The District Plan Review will ultimately seek to clarify any provisions identified in Practice Notes.
Regarding 16. Public Notification of Discretionary Subdivision Application in the Rural General Zone
Please note that with the issuing of decisions on submissions for Stage 1 of the Proposed District Plan, rules under the Proposed District Plan are now being triggered. Council’s view is that discretionary subdivisions under the new PDP Rural chapter are not precluded from being publicly notified because applicants need to trigger a land use consent. This is because:
- The PDP discretionary subdivision rule doesn’t reference building platforms
- Applicants only trigger rule 27.7.10 if there is no platform being established.
- As such the only way to apply for a platform is through the land use provisions.
The Practice Note remains valid for Rural General zoned land not covered in Stage 1 of the PDP, for example land covered by the Stage 2 Chapter 24 - Wakatipu Basin.
Regarding the Operative District Plan, it is important to note that as a result of the new Proposed District Plan, there are certain parts of the Operative District Plan that may be superseded. Therefore, it may be necessary to seek professional planning advice when in the design phase of a project.
Practice Notes for the Proposed District Plan
- QLDC PDP Practice Note - Visitor Accommodation Jul18
- QLDC PDP Practice Note 2 Land Not Reviewed Apr19
Practice Notes for the Operative District Plan
- 1. Centre Pivot and Linear Irrigators
- 2. Definition of Net Area
- 3. Living Area Definition
- 4. Recession Plane Exceptions and Mono Pitched Roofs
- 5. Internal Boundary Setback Exemptions
- 6. Continuous Building Length
- 7. Relocated Buildings
- 8. New Developments within the Wanaka Airport Designation
- 9. Shotover Acoustic Insulation
- 10. Interpretation of Section 17 – Utilities
- 11. Controlled Activity Rules 18.104.22.168i and 22.214.171.124i
- 12. Water Tanks in the Rural General and Rural Living Zones
- 13. Interpretation of Off-site-signs rule - Sandwich Boards and Flat Board Signs located on Councils legal road
- 14. s95A6 Principal Residential Zones
- 15. QLDC-Practice-Note-15-Boundary-Activities-Mar18
- 16. Public Notification of Discretionary Subdivision Application in the Rural General Zone
Resource Management Engineering Practice Notes
- Information Requirements For Documents Submitted For Review And Acceptance
- Information Requirements For Engineering Components Required At The Time Of Resource Consent Application
Guidance for the Operative District Plan
- QLDC Guidance Document Basic Guide to Low Density Residential Zone for Homes
- QLDC Guidance Document Fireplaces Mar18
- QLDC Guidance Document Residential Flat Oct18
- QLDC Guidance Document s125 Application Jan15
- QLDC Guidance Document Suitable Building Colours and Materials in Rural Zones
- QLDC Guidance Document Visitor Accommodation Jan 17
- QLDC Guidance Document Visitor Accommodation Management Plan
- QLDC Guidelines for Environmental Management Plans June 2019 (This replaces the previous Earthworks Guidance Document)