- Rates & Property
- Building Services
- Resource Consents
- Environmental Health
- Rubbish & Recycling
- Transport and Parking
- Find the right alcohol licence and apply
- Alcohol Licence Fee Calculator
- Formal public notice of an application
- Renew and/or vary your alcohol licence
- Manager's certificates
- Legal requirements for licence holders
- District Licensing Committee Decisions
- Alcohol restrictions in public places
- Have your say on alcohol licence applications
- Animal Control
- Environment and Sustainability
- Water Services
- Services A - Z
- CCTV - Public Use
Alcohol restrictions in public places
Find out about the alcohol restrictions that apply to public places in the Queenstown Lakes District.
Year round alcohol restrictions
An alcohol ban is in place in parts of Queenstown, Frankton, Arrowtown, Wānaka and Lake Hāwea from 8.00pm - 8.00am every day.
A 24 hour ban also applies during the Christmas / New Year period and Winter Festival as follows:
Christmas / New Year period - from 6.00am, 27 December until 6.00am, 6 January the following year.
Winter Festival - from 6.00am on the opening day of the festival until 6.00am the day after the final day of the festival.
When an alcohol ban applies, you may not:
Drink or possess alcohol in any of the alcohol ban areas.
Drink or possess alcohol in a vehicle in any of the alcohol ban areas.
Crate Day 24 hour ban
A 24 hour alcohol ban applies from 12.00am on National Crate Day to 12.00 am on the following day for the public areas in Queenstown defined under the bylaw.
Anyone found drinking within the restricted zones during an alcohol ban period may be fined $250.