Temporary Authority

If you are looking at taking over currently licensed premises, you must get a temporary authority before you can trade using application form 16.

A temporary authority allows a new owner to operate off existing licence issued for the premises for up to 3 months.

You will need to apply for a new licence in your name (or company name) within this 3 month period.

NB: You will also need to transfer the food premises registration at the same time.