Where can I walk my dog?
Use the map below to view dog restriction zones around the district. (It may take a few seconds to load.)
Click on the highlighted areas and trails to see which restrictions apply in that zone.
↓ - Click here to view the legend for the map.
Key Messages for Dog Owners
- To understand where your dog must be on a leash (or is prohibited), failure to comply with the Dog Control Bylaw - Infringeable offence $300
- To ensure their dog/s are under direct control or confined to their property at all times – Infringeable offence $200
- Keep your dog under control at all times - Infringeable offence $200
- Rushing is an offence, any dog approaching a person can startle them and may cause an accident – Control your dog, if necessary put your dog on a leash - Infringeable offence $200
- Failing to pick up after your dog - Infringeable offence $300
- Carry a leash at all times, this aids with control - Infringeable offence $100
- If you and your dog change address you are required to notify us within 14 days, it is useful to also notify us if you change your phone number - Infringeable offence $100
4 Key Tips for becoming a Good Dog Handler: