Markets: A combination of trading activities at a common location, and includes an arts and craft market, farmers’ market, and street market day.
A market will need a permit to occupy Council land, and may also need resource consent.
Book the venue/reserve as soon as possible to ensure the space is available for your event. The booking will not be finalised until you have met all other conditions eg. A copy of the site plan, zero waste plan, and resource consent (if required).
- QLDC Queenstown Venues/Reserves
PH: 03 450 9109
- QLDC Wanaka Venues/Reserves
PH: 03 443 4173
- All other QLDC Reserves - APL Property
PH: 03 442 7133
To discuss your event and the process for getting resource consent please contact the QLDC Events Office on 03 441 0499 or email email@example.com. The QLDC District plan describes the conditions for temporary activities that require resource consent are:
Carnivals, Fairs, Galas, Market Days, Tents and Marquees, Meetings, Exhibitions, Parades, Rallies, Filming, Cultural and Sporting Events, Concerts, Shows, Musical and Theatrical Festivals and Entertainment.
Any temporary activity, including the use of buildings, for such purposes as carnivals, fairs, galas, market days, meetings, exhibitions, parades, rallies, filming, cultural and sporting events, concerts, shows, musical and theatrical festivals and entertainment, tents and marquees and uses similar in character, is a permitted activity provided that:
- The number of persons partaking in the activity at any one time does not exceed: - 500 persons when the activity is undertaken inside a building; or - 200 persons when the activity is undertaken outside; and
- The activity does not remain on the site for a period longer than 7 days, in any calendar year; and
- The activity complies with the relevant noise standards of the zone.
A combination of trading activities at a common location, and includes an arts and craft market, farmers’ market, and street market day.
For further information please contact QLDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 441 0499