Rubbish can be dropped off at transfer stations in both Queenstown and Wanaka, although the Council encourages the community to reduce, reuse and recycle wherever possible.
Queenstown Transfer Station
Frankton end of Glenda Drive, Frankton Industrial Estate.
8am – 5pm, 7 days a week. Closed on Christmas Day, New Years Day, Good Friday and the morning of ANZAC day.
03 451 0179
Wanaka Transfer Station
Ballantyne Road (old tip site)
8am - 5pm, 7 days a week. Closed on Christmas Day, New Years Day, Good Friday and the morning of ANZAC day.
03 443 6063
Cost to dispose of rubbish at the Transfer Station
Charges include GST:
- Cars / small loads (lighter than 100kg) - $17.50
- Van / Ute / Trailer / Large Vehicle (lighter than 200kg) - $37.00
- Per Tonne - $216.00
- Per Tonne of green waste - $65.00
- Per Tonne Recycling Centre Recoveries - $40.00
- Hazardous waster - $10.00