QLDC are responsible for managing, improving and maintaining the local transport network. This includes:
- Local roads
- Walking and cycling routes
- Parking management and enforcement
- Bus stops
- State Highways (managed by the New Zealand Transport Agency, NZTA)
- Public transport services (managed by Otago Regional Council, ORC)
Driving in New Zealand for the first time?
See our Driving in New Zealand page and check out the quick guides below:
- 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese)
- 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- ไทย (Thai)
- العربية (Arabic)
- All languages
Transport Updates and Road Conditions
QLDC provides information on the status of roads through various channels. Updates are also broadcast on local radio stations.
Weather Forecast (MetService)
- Chains should always be carried during the winter on the Crown Range and other alpine passes
- Reports may not be sent out if there is an extended period of fine weather
- We're not able to list every patch of ice and conditions can change rapidly. Drivers should exercise common sense and drive cautiously on a daily basis.