Wakatipu Way to Go
The journeys that you make every day in and around Queenstown and the wider Wakatipu should be safe, easy, support your business and help you get the most out of life.
Queenstown Lakes District Council, the New Zealand Transport Agency and Otago Regional Council are partnering to develop this vision.
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed by all three parties who are committed to working together to provide forward-thinking solutions to create a safe and well-connected transport network.
The group is named Wakatipu Way to Go. You'll start to see and hear more about this group as work progresses.
Join in and help shape a future transport network
There will be a range of opportunities this year for people to participate in the transport planning process. The projects underway include:
- Queenstown Town Centre (detailed business case)
- Frankton to Queenstown (single stage business case)
- Wakatipu Active Travel Network (single stage business case)
- Grant Road to Kawarau Falls Bridge (detailed business case)
- Frankton Masterplan (programme business case)
- Lake Wakatipu Public Water Ferry Service (detailed business case)
- Queenstown Transport Modelling (to feed into business case projects)
Get in touch!
If you have any questions about the Wakatipu Way to Go group or the projects underway, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org