Proposed Visitor Levy
On Wednesday 5 June 2019, a poll will be held by postal vote over the whole of the Queenstown Lakes District using the first past the post electoral system.
The poll is to inform consideration by Central Government of a proposed legislative change to enable the introduction of a visitor levy to fund visitor-related infrastructure and services within the Queenstown Lakes District. The poll result will be non-binding.
A preliminary electoral roll for the above poll can be inspected at the following locations during normal office hours from Tuesday 12 March 2019 to Tuesday 9 April 2019:
- Queenstown District Council Customer Services, 10 Gorge Road, Queenstown
- Queenstown Library, 10 Gorge Road, Queenstown
- Wanaka Service Centre, 47 Ardmore Street, Wanaka
- Wanaka Library, Dunmore Street, Wanaka
- Arrowtown Library, 58 Buckingham Street, Arrowtown
During that period electoral rolls will also be displayed in the following locations which have limited opening hours:
- Hawea Library, Myra Street, Lake Hawea
- Glenorchy Library, 13 Islay Street, Glenorchy
- Kingston Library, 48 Kent Street, Kingston
Electors may enrol or amend their enrolment details on the residential electoral roll by:
- Completing an enrolment form available at Post Shops
- Calling 0800 ENROL NOW (0800 36 76 56)
- Visiting the Elections website (www.elections.org.nz)
- Free-texting their name and address to 3676
Updates to the preliminary electoral roll close at 5pm on Tuesday 9 April 2019.
Applications for registration as a ratepayer elector are to be made on the non-resident ratepayer elector enrolment form available from Queenstown Lakes District Council offices or online here and must be returned to the Electoral Officer before 5pm on Tuesday 9 April 2019.
The voting period for this poll will be from Tuesday 14 May to Wednesday 5 June 2019.