Annual Plan Process
The Council prepares a Long Term Plan every 3 years. An Annual Plan is prepared on the years in between to determine the projects, resourcing and budgets for the year.
We are currently preparing the Annual Plan for 2017/18. At the end of March, we’ll be asking people to give feedback on any proposed changes to major projects, strategic decisions or essential spending on infrastructure and services. Your thoughts will help shape the Annual Plan 2017/18.
How to get involved in the process
If you are a community group or have a project that you would like to request funding for, please discuss it with your local elected member first.
There may already be something in the pipeline or it could be a maintenance issue that can be fixed pretty easily. You can do this at any time.
Formal consultation on the Draft Annual Plan 2017/18 will start on 27 March 2017.
- 24 March 2017 - Supporting documents and consultation document to the Annual Plan 2017/18 go to Council for adoption
- 27 March 2017 - Submissions to the Annual Plan open
- 28 April 2017 - Submission period closes
- 31 May 2017 - Hearing of Submissions - Queenstown
- 1 June 2017 - Hearing of Submissions - Wanaka
- 29 June 2017 - Council adopts the final Annual Plan
We’ll make the consultation information available online and at Council offices. A submission form will be available online. All submissions will be made available to the public (excluding contact details)
If you have any questions about the process, please get in touch with Shelley Dawson, email@example.com, or phone 03 441 0480