Ten Year Plan 2018-2028
Consultation on the Draft Ten Year Plan starts on 12 March!
This plan affects every single person in our district. It's prepared every three years in consultation with our residents and ratepayers and outlines a proposed work plan for the next ten years and how we propose to fund it.
To view the Ten Year Plan 2018-28 and supporting documents, please check the following links:
- Ten Year Plan 2018-2028 Draft Consultation Document
- Ten Year Plan 2018-2028 supporting documents Volume 1 and Volume 2
We want to hear your views on any of the proposals contained within the draft plan.
Click here to submit feedback (Form closes Friday 13 April at 5:00PM)
There are also a number of community drop-in sessions planned around the district. Come along and get your questions answered by Council staff or elected members.
Drop-in sessions/community stalls in and around the Wakatipu:
- Queenstown Primary School Fair, Sunday 18 March, 10.00am-2.00pm at the primary school field.
- Informal drop-in session, Tuesday 20 March, Queenstown Council Chambers, 11.00am-1.00pm
- Arrowtown Farmers Market, Sunday 25 March, 10.00am-2.00pm at Library Green
- Informal drop-in session at Frankton Pop-up Library, Friday 6 April, 3.00pm-5.00pm.
- Kingston Library Community Stand, Saturday 7 April, 11am-1pm
- Informal drop-in session at Glenorchy Lodge, Monday 9 April, 6pm-8pm
Drop-in sessions/community stalls in and around the Upper Clutha:
- Wanaka A&P show, Saturday 10 March, 8.30am-5.00pm
- Informal drop-in session, Wednesday 14 March, Makarora Community Library, 6pm-7.30pm
- Informal drop-in session, Wednesday 4 April, Lake Wanaka Centre, 11.00am-1.00pm
- Hawea Library Community Stand, Saturday 24 March, 10.00am-1.00pm
- Informal drop-in session, Thursday 29 March, Luggate Fire Station Rooms, from 7.00pm
If you've got a question you'd like to ask about the Ten Year Plan 2018-2028, please head to our Ask a Question page and submit yours. We'll then publish all questions receive with answers.
The Development Contributions Policy is reviewed every year. This policy guides the contributions that must be paid by developers to meet the costs created by growth.
Queenstown Lakes District Council has begun consultation on amendments to the Policy on Development Contributions for 2018/19.
View the Statement of Proposal:
Submissions open on Monday 12 March 2018 and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
9 March – Council adopts the Draft Ten Year Plan
10 March – 13 April – Informal community engagement sessions
12 March – submissions open
13 April – submissions close
15 and 16 May – submissions hearings in Queenstown and Wanaka
28 June – Council adopts final Ten Year Plan