Lakeview Precinct Development
In July 2016, the Lakeview land in central Queenstown was rezoned from High Density Residential to Queenstown Town Centre (under Plan Change 50). This was based on an identified need for the expansion of the Queenstown Town Centre, in order to provide for and facilitate economic growth. Both visitor and population growth continue to exceed expectations and the town centre requires continued investment to accommodate that growth.
In October 2019, QLDC signed a development agreement with Melbourne based developer Ninety Four Feet and Auckland based investment company Augusta Capital for development on the Lakeview land.
Through this partnership and others with Ngāi Tahu Tourism and Well Smart Limited, the Lakeview Precinct will become a vibrant and complementary extension of the existing town centre. The site will offer residential buildings, hotels, co-working and co-living spaces, hospitality and retail, and a hot pools attraction. Construction will be phased over seven stages and is estimated to take more than ten years to complete.
The Ninety Four Feet early concept and vision for the Lakeview Precinct
If you would prefer to view this on Youtube, please click here.
- Ninety Four Feet early concepts and renders for Lakeview Precinct - 2019
- Market Engagement - Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI) - 2018
- Lakeview Development Community Feedback and Transaction Options (26 October 2017)
- Lakeview Commercial Land-Development Objectives and Ownership (17 August 2017)
- Indicative Programme Business Case - 2016
Latest news and updates
- Lakeview Precinct early concepts revealed (21 Oct 2019)
- QLDC signs Lakeview development agreement with preferred bidder (11 Oct 2019)
- QLDC reaches preferred bidder milestone for Lakeview (5 Apr 2019)
- QLDC requests development proposals for Lakeview site (20 Sep 2018)
- QLDC approves Lakeview development milestone (29 Jun 2018)
Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park
Please note: Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park is currently not affected by the development plans for the wider Lakeview land and continues to be open for business.
Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park offers a wide range of accommodation options including self-contained units, one bedroom studios and open plan studios. The Holiday Park has an extensive camping area which offers sites suitable for campervans, caravans, tenting, and are supported by modern, well serviced facilities.
The tenanted cabins on the Lakeview land (excluding the Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park) are managed by property manager Harcourts Queenstown.