- Your Council
- Council Documents
- District Plan
- Elected Members
- Queenstown Town Centre Street Upgrades
- Queenstown Town Centre Arterial
- Three Waters Reform
- Future for Local Government
- Ballantyne Road Upgrade
- Ladies Mile Masterplan
- Shotover Country Borefield and Treatment Plant
- All-weather turf at Queenstown Events Centre
- Recreation Ground Wastewater Pump Station and Rising Main
- Wānaka Lakefront Development Plan
- Cardrona Valley wastewater upgrade
- North Wānaka wastewater scheme
- Lakeview Development
- Luggate Memorial Centre
- Proposed Cardrona Valley Water Supply Scheme
- Mayoral Housing Affordability Taskforce
- Project Manawa
- Proposed Visitor Levy
- Frankton Stormwater Upgrade
- Willow Place Wastewater Upgrade
- Te Kararo Queenstown Gardens Development Plan
- Frankton Campground
- Housing in the Queenstown Lakes
- Glenorchy Reservoirs
- Western Wānaka Level of Service (water supply)
- Glenorchy Smart Water Meters
- Media Centre
- Meetings & Committees
- Our Vision & Mission
- Privacy and official information requests
- Public Notices
- Sister Cities
North Wanaka wastewater scheme
A major upgrade to North Wanaka’s wastewater system will be starting soon, providing for current and future wastewater capacity as growth in the area continues.
About the project
This project is part of our plan to accommodate growth and provide more resilience across the district’s wastewater network.
Starting late 2021, the first stage of this project will include:
Aubrey road – from Rata Street corner down to the lakeside
Upgrade and replacement of the existing waste water pipes and laterals that serve the residential houses on Aubrey road. This work is part of the renewals program to replace or upgrade existing infrastructure that has resilience issues.
SH84 3 Parks roundabout to Albert Town
Installation of a new water supply pipe to connect to the existing pipe under Sir Tim Wallace drive roundabout and a connection to the existing network near the Albert town waste water pump station. This section of works will complete a water ring main around Mt iron and provide greater supply capacity and resilience to the water network.
Installation of a new section of waste water pressure main from the above round about, out towards Puzzling world. This section of pipe liberates an existing stranded asset which was installed at the same time as the roundabout was constructed.
Installation of a new waste water gravity main from near puzzling world to the Albert town pump station. This section of gravity main provides a gravity connection to the Albert town pump station as well as serving an adjacent proposed development.
If you have any questions at this stage, please give us a call on 03 441 0499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org