Project Connect - A Combined Council Office
Project Connect is the name for the planned single office space for Queenstown-Wakatipu which will enable all Queenstown-based staff to be housed under one roof rather than the four town centre locations. Details for this were included in the 2018-28 Ten Year Plan.
By providing a combined office within the Queenstown Town Centre it will:
- streamline services for the community
- improve efficiencies between Council departments who are currently spread across town
- align with the Council’s aim to ensure the Town Centre remains vibrant and authentic
- keep local people in the Town Centre by maintaining the presence of civic and community buildings
- indirectly support a range of other centrally-operated businesses and professionals.
The Council's preferred location for the combined Council office is part of the Stanley Street site, where the current Stanley Street Carpark is located. Other locations have been considered and have merit, but placing Council and the library within the CBD keeps community and professional services here too, sustaining the authenticity and lifeblood of the CBD.
In the meantime, minor improvements are underway to cater for the growing Queenstown staff and ensure a high level of service is delivered to our customers.
- Council to Consider QLDC 'One Office' Business Case (Dec 2017)
- Options for a Joint Partnership to CBD Council Development to be Explored (Oct 2018)