Join the Conversation Wanaka!
We're keen to hear what the Upper Clutha community want out of the Wanaka town centre now and in years to come.
Share you views with us from 3rd-28th September by answering 3 quick questions so we know what’s important to you.
Other ways to get involved:
- We're teaming up LINK Upper Clutha and hosting two Community Cafes sessions on Thursday 20 September at 11.00am-12.30pm and 7.00pm-8.30pm at the Wanaka Presbyterian Community Church Centre to discuss the Masterplan project. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 021422295
- Share your views by posting on our "Have your say" boards at the Wanaka Rec Centre and Wanaka Library from Thursday 6 September
- Have a chat to us at our discussion booth on the 6 and 13 September at the Wanaka Artisan Market
- Come and speak to us at the Festival of Sport event on Sunday 16 September at Wanaka Rec Centre from 9.00am-1.00pm
- If you have any feedback to share with us you can email us at any time at email@example.com
If you’d like to be kept in the loop with our communications please sign up here.
Why develop a Masterplan?
It’s no secret that Wanaka and the wider district is facing unprecedented residential and visitor growth.
The Masterplan process will focus on how the town centre works and functions in the next 30 years, including a preferred programme of transport improvements to ensure good access to and around the CBD and wider urban area of Wanaka, ie schools, airport, Three Parks etc.
Have a look at the maps illustrating both the town centre and transport programme study area below:
Wanaka Masterplan Study Area:
Wanaka Transport Programme Study Area:
The Masterplan process will also look at solutions for parking, public transport, shared spaces, alternative modes of transport and consider ways to make sure the things that make Wanaka so special are retained. Importantly, these things will be considered as a whole. Council will be bringing together past plans and strategies to allow for a holistic and consolidated view. This is to ensure a ‘big picture’ approach which builds on the work already done so that future developments provide the best possible outcome for the town.
An Establishment Report providing the framework to guide the Wanaka Masterplan project was given approval to proceed by council on 26 July. Take a look at the report here.
Wanaka Establishment Report
10-Year Plan (LTP)
Lake Wanaka Lakefront Development Plan
Wanaka Network Operating Framework Report
Wanaka 2020 Community Plan
Wanaka town centre strategy 2009
Wanaka Transportation and Parking Strategy 2008
Wanaka Structure Plan 2007
Wanaka Transport Strategic Case