Draft QLDC Disability Policy
QLDC is working on a Disability Policy. This policy outlines key principles and policy goals that will contribute to the removal of barriers to participation for disabled people living in and visiting our community.
The policy goals proposed in the draft Disability Policy are:
- QLDC will enable the participation of disabled people in QLDC’s service design, planning and decision making process.
- QLDC will demonstrate an understanding of the lived experience of disabled people.
- QLDC communicates inclusively for disabled people.
- QLDC delivers or funds events that are inclusive of disabled people.
- QLDC public infrastructure is increasingly accessible to disabled people.
- QLDC facilities are accessible to disabled people.
- QLDC will promote the development of a resilient community that includes disabled people, with a particular focus on emergency events.
- QLDC is a good employer that aims to build a diverse workforce and provides a safe and accessible working environment.
Feedback is now closed. We will review all feedback and take it into account when finalising the Disability Policy for Council consideration.