Proposed Public Jetty at Frankton
Have your say on a new public jetty proposed for Frankton Beach.
The Council is proposing to construct a new public jetty and waiting shed on the Lake Wakatipu foreshore, south of the Remarkables Primary School in Frankton.
A public jetty at Frankton Beach is an exciting step towards future ferry service on Lake Wakatipu.
This proposal will allow safer access for walkers and cyclists using the Frankton Track but still cater for carparking near by. Here are the key points:
- a new public jetty and waiting room. This could be used for a future ferry service and in the meantime would be available for recreational boaties and general public pick up and drop off.
- removal of vehicle access to the reserve south of the public toilets
- a new car park formed near the public toilets (a 4 hour restriction will apply)
- realignment of the Queenstown trail to separate it safely from the carpark.
- new bike stands near the jetty.
- various reserve improvements including new native planting.
Basic site plan
Have your say!
Please provide your feedback using the online form below:
Feedback must be received by 23 November 2018.
Feedback will be reviewed and presented to Councillors in December. At this point Councillors will be asked to approve a minor amendment to the Reserve Management Plan to allow for construction on the foreshore. Subject to this approval, construction of the jetty and reserve improvements could commence in Autumn 2019.