Glenpanel - Special Housing Area
Feedback is now closed.
We have received an Expression of Interest to develop a Special Housing Area (Glenpanel Special Housing Area) along Frankton Ladies Mile Highway.
The proposed location is on the opposite side of State Highway 6 to the proposed Queenstown Country Club retirement village, which has been recently approved as a Special Housing Area.
The proposal, known as the Glenpanel SHA, includes a total of 207 lots of varying sizes and densities as well as landscaped areas and cycleways.
The Council is due to consider this Expression of Interest at an Extraordinary Full Council Meeting that is proposed to be held on the 11th of August 2016.
Click the links below to read the Expression of Interest.
- Glenpanel SHA - Expression of Interest for a Special Housing Area on behalf of Mary Hill Ltd, 5 July 2016 (PDF 6.4MB)
- Appendix 1 – Masterplan (PDF 3.9MB)
- Appendix 2 – Infrastructure Review (PDF 1.6MB)
- Appendix 3 – Preliminary Geotechnical Review (PDF 3MB)
- Appendix 4 – Transportation Review (PDF 2.1MB)
While the Housing Accords and Special Housing Areas Act 2013 does not provide for formal consultation on the establishment of special housing areas, the Mayor and Councillors are interested to hear local views on this proposal.
If you would like more information, please email Anita Vanstone in our Planning Team, email@example.com