There are two major airports in the Queenstown Lakes District.
The Queenstown airport is owned by the community and managed by the Queenstown Airport Corporation.
The airport redevelopment was completed and officially opened by then Prime Minister Helen Clark in 2007. The result is a high class international airport that the community can be proud of.
Contact the Airport office
Phone: 03 450 9031
Fax: 03 442 3515
Air New Zealand phone 0800 737 000.
Qantas phone 0800 808 767.
The Wanaka airport is best known perhaps for the Warbirds Over Wanaka International Air Show & the Warbirds and Wheels visitor attraction, but there are plenty of other operations going on every day, such as:
- Flight seeing to Milford and Mount Cook with Islander and Cessna aircraft.
- A large and growing number of helicopters offering training and charter.
- Pilot training is offered on Cessna and Tecnam aircraft.
- Tandem skydiving flights and parachuting using a custom designed turbine Cresco aircraft.
- Private sport and recreation and general aviation.
- Some agricultural companies now base their topdressing operations out of Wanaka Airport.
- Charter operations, particularly ski tours.
- Regular military visits.
- Adventure flying in military aircraft.
Contact the Airport Manager
Phone: 03 443 1112
Mobile: 027 432 3616