The Council manages 10 out of the 11 cemeteries in the Queenstown Lakes District.
The Council holds information and burial records for the following cemeteries:
- Albert Town Cemetery
- Arrowtown Cemetery
- Cardrona Cemetery
- Frankton Cemetery
- Glenorchy Cemetery
- Kingston Cemetery
- Makarora Cemetery
- Queenstown Cemetery
- Skippers Point Cemetery
- Wanaka Cemetery
For information and burial records for the Lake Hawea Cemetery contact: Donald Urquhart 03 443 1426.
- Arrowtown Cemetery Overview (425KB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - Old Area (1.3MB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - New Upper (1.45MB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - New Lower (1.14MB)
- Cardrona Cemetery (198KB)
- Frankton Cemetery (427KB)
- Glenorchy Cemetery (359KB)
- Hawea Cemetery (665KB)
- Makarora Cemetery (163KB)
- Queenstown Cemetery (867KB)
- Skippers Point Cemetery (109KB)
- Wanaka Cemetery (1.47MB)
The Kingston and Albert Town cemetery maps are unavailable.
Cemeteries Documents and Application Forms
Cemetery Operations Procedures
The Cemetery Operations Procedures provides guidelines to ensure a consistent and reliable provision of cemetery services in the District.
- Cemetery Operating Procedures (215.54 KB)
- Application for Burial or Ash Interment (259KB)
- Application for Adjacent Plot Purchase (145KB)
- Authority to Open a Plot (172KB)
Headstones, Plaques and Monuments
A permit must be obtained for any monumental work to be carried out in any cemetery in the Queenstown Lakes District.