The Council manages 10 out of the 11 cemeteries in the Queenstown Lakes District.
Our new cemetery database will be online soon. Thank you for your patience.
The Council holds information and burial records for the following cemeteries:
- Albert Town Cemetery
- Arrowtown Cemetery
- Cardrona Cemetery
- Frankton Cemetery
- Glenorchy Cemetery
- Kingston Cemetery
- Makarora Cemetery
- Queenstown Cemetery
- Skippers Point Cemetery
- Wanaka Cemetery
For information and burial records for the Lake Hawea Cemetery contact: Donald Urquhart 03 443 1426.
- Arrowtown Cemetery Overview (425KB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - Old Area (1.3MB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - New Upper (1.45MB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - New Lower (1.14MB)
- Cardrona Cemetery (198KB)
- Frankton Cemetery (427KB)
- Glenorchy Cemetery (359KB)
- Hawea Cemetery (665KB)
- Makarora Cemetery (163KB)
- Queenstown Cemetery (867KB)
- Skippers Point Cemetery (109KB)
- Wanaka Cemetery (1.47MB)
The Kingston and Albert Town cemetery maps are unavailable.
Cemeteries Documents and Application Forms
The Council has a Cemetery Strategy which outlines how the Council will manage cemeteries in the future, including managing the effects of growth.
- Queenstown Lakes District Cemetery Strategy 2005 (pdf 879kb)
Cemetery Operations Procedures
The Cemetery Operations Procedures provides guidelines to ensure a consistent and reliable provision of cemetery services in the District.
- Cemetery Operating Procedures (215.54 KB)
A permit must be obtained for any monumental work to be carried out in any cemetery in the Queenstown Lakes District. Please fill in an application form and return it to:
Queenstown Lakes District Council, Private Bag 50072, Queenstown 9348 or email email@example.com
- Monument Installation Confirmation (119.89 KB)
- Monument Permit Application Form (149.24 KB)
- Plaques and Memorials Application Form (124.84 KB)
- Authority to Inter Form (146.16 KB)