The Council manages 10 out of the 11 cemeteries in the Queenstown Lakes District.
The Council holds information and burial records for the following cemeteries:
- Albert Town Cemetery
- Arrowtown Cemetery
- Cardrona Cemetery
- Frankton Cemetery
- Glenorchy Cemetery
- Kingston Cemetery
- Makarora Cemetery
- Queenstown Cemetery
- Skippers Point Cemetery
- Wanaka Cemetery
For information and burial records for the Lake Hawea Cemetery contact: Donald Urquhart 03 443 1426.
- Arrowtown Cemetery Overview (425KB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - Old Area (1.3MB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - New Upper (1.45MB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - New Lower (1.14MB)
- Cardrona Cemetery (198KB)
- Frankton Cemetery (427KB)
- Glenorchy Cemetery (359KB)
- Hawea Cemetery (665KB)
- Makarora Cemetery (163KB)
- Queenstown Cemetery (867KB)
- Skippers Point Cemetery (109KB)
- Wanaka Cemetery (1.47MB)
The Kingston and Albert Town cemetery maps are unavailable.
Cemeteries Documents and Application Forms
The Council has a Cemetery Strategy which outlines how the Council will manage cemeteries in the future, including managing the effects of growth.
- Queenstown Lakes District Cemetery Strategy 2005 (pdf 879kb)
Cemetery Operations Procedures
The Cemetery Operations Procedures provides guidelines to ensure a consistent and reliable provision of cemetery services in the District.
- Cemetery Operating Procedures (215.54 KB)
A permit must be obtained for any monumental work to be carried out in any cemetery in the Queenstown Lakes District. Please fill in an application form and return it to:
Queenstown Lakes District Council, Private Bag 50072, Queenstown 9348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monument Installation Confirmation (119.89 KB)
- Monument Permit Application Form (149.24 KB)
- Plaques and Memorials Application Form (124.84 KB)
- Authority to Inter Form (146.16 KB)