- Your Council
- Public Notices
- Privacy and official information requests
- Meetings & Committees
- Our Vision & Mission
- Shotover Country Borefield and Treatment Plant
- Queenstown Town Centre Street Upgrades
- All-weather turf at Queenstown Events Centre
- Ballantyne Road Upgrade
- Ladies Mile Masterplan
- Queenstown Town Centre Arterial
- Queenstown Lakes Spatial Plan
- Recreation Ground Wastewater Pump Station and Rising Main
- Cardrona Valley wastewater upgrade
- Wānaka Lakefront Development Plan
- North Wānaka wastewater scheme
- Lakeview Development
- Luggate Memorial Centre
- Proposed Cardrona Valley Water Supply Scheme
- Mayoral Housing Affordability Taskforce
- Project Manawa
- Proposed Visitor Levy
- Frankton Stormwater Upgrade
- Elected Members
- Media Centre
- Council Documents
- District Plan
- Sister Cities
All-weather turf at Queenstown Events Centre
A new all-weather multisport turf at Queenstown Events Centre will soon serve the booming local demand for sports like hockey and football.
About the project
The full-sized hockey turf will also be used as separate, smaller areas for junior games and training as well as other sports and fitness boot camps.
What's the latest?
Construction is underway!
"This is something our town clearly needed. It will serve as a major boost to the local sporting community for years to come."
QLDC General Manager Community Services Thunes Cloete, February 2021
Read the full media release here.
A bit of background
QLDC contracted Global Leisure Group (GLG) to complete an independent feasibility study for the proposed artificial turf.
The feasibility study defined the facilities required, its projected use profile and the financial model (including operational revenues and costs and the ballpark capital cost of the planned development).