Find a burial or cremation record
Contact Queenstown Lakes District Council for more information regarding a burial or cremation.
The Council holds information and burial records for the following cemeteries:
- Albert Town Cemetery
- Arrowtown Cemetery
- Cardrona Cemetery
- Frankton Cemetery
- Glenorchy Cemetery
- Kingston Cemetery
- Makarora Cemetery
- Queenstown Cemetery
- Skippers Point Cemetery
- Wanaka Cemetery
For information and burial records for the Lake Hawea Cemetery contact: Donald Urquhart 03 443 1426.
The cemeteries handbook and bylaw provides guidelines to ensure a consistent and reliable provision of cemetery services in the District.
Find a cemetery location
- Arrowtown Cemetery Overview (425KB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - Old Area (1.3MB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - New Upper (1.45MB)
- Arrowtown Cemetery - New Lower (1.14MB)
- Cardrona Cemetery (198KB)
- Frankton Cemetery (1.1MB)
- Glenorchy Cemetery (359KB)
- Hawea Cemetery (665KB)
- Makarora Cemetery (163KB)
- Queenstown Cemetery Overview (392KB)
- Queenstown Cemetery Map (814KB)
- Queenstown Cemetery New Area (401KB)
- Skippers Point Cemetery (109KB)
- Wanaka Cemetery (1.47MB)
Burial or Ashes fee guide
For details on cost of interments, additional fees and cremation costs.
Lower Shotover Cemetery (Wakatipu Baby Memorial Wall)
Application for Burials or Ashes
Below you'll find application forms for interments, plots and to open a plot.
- Application for Burial or Ash Interment (283KB)
- Application for Adjacent Plot Purchase (145KB)
- Authority to Open a Plot (172KB)
Burial services for veterans
Memorial headstone and plaques
A permit must be obtained for any monumental work to be carried out in any cemetery in the Queenstown Lakes District. See below for permit and application forms.