- Sports Leagues
- Gym & Group Fitness
- Kids' Recreation
- Learn to Swim
- Memberships - Join Today
- Sponsored Athletes
- Sport & Rec Venues and Contacts
- Join the Sport & Rec Team
- Responsible Camping in the Queenstown Lakes District
- Parks and Walkways
- Lakes and Boating
- Mountain Biking
- Splash Café
- Wallis Physiotherapy
Frankton Golf Centre
Set against the stunning backdrop of the Remarkables mountain range, our gentle 9-hole golf course is perfect for novices and experienced players alike. Conveniently located adjacent to Queenstown Events Centre and Queenstown International Airport, Frankton Golf Centre provides residents and visitors with an opportunity to play and learn golf at an affordable and well-maintained facility.
If you're looking for a casual game of golf or an activity to fill some spare time, Frankton Golf Centre is the course for you.
Our facilities include
- 9-hole golf course
- Driving range
- FootGolf course
- Large putting/chipping green
- NZPGA qualified coaching
- Fully stocked Pro Shop.
9-Hole Public Golf Course
- The course is easy walking with a par of 30. There are six par 3s ranging from 73m to 185m, and three par 4s ranging from 280m to 310m. The course record is currently 26, held by Frankton Golf Club head PGA professional, Jamie 'J-Mac' McIsaac.
- Covered Driving Range
- The 10-bay driving range is a popular place to warm up or fine-tune your swing. Novice players can practice without the pressure of worrying if the ball doesn’t quite go where they intended! Five of the bays are covered allowing all weather practice. This is great for when it is too wet to get out on the course or if you just want to blaze away and see how far you can get it.
03 442 3584
Corner of Kawarau Road and State Highway 6
(diagonally opposite the BP fuel station).
Normal Opening Hours
Frankton Golf Centre is open seven days a week; from 9.00am-7.00pm during summer (6.00pm in winter).
Buckets of balls for the driving range are available until 6.00pm each day during summer, with reduced hours during winter.
FootGolf is available for kickoff during the following hours:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 3.00-6.00pm
- All other days: 10.00am-6.00pm.
Membership Fees Adult (full) WJGC Junior* U19 Annual (12 months) $350 $100
Summer (six months; October - March)
Range Memberships (12 months)
- Summer memberships include access to short game practice area
- All members receive 10% discount off all Pro Shop stock
- Includes member discounts for driving range
- * Wakatipu Junior Golf Club, includes free coaching every Saturday from 9.00-10.00am, and access to Queenstown, Frankton and Arrowtown Golf Clubs with limited playing opportunities at Millbrook, Jacks Point and The Hills
- Junior = under 19 years.
Green Fees Adult Junior 9 Holes $15 $5 18 Holes $15
Driving Range Small (40 balls) Medium (70 balls) Large (120 balls) Bucket Fees $6 $8 $12
- Ask us about driving range membership from less than $1 per day* - including one medium bucket of balls per day
- Free club hire with every large bucket.
FootGolf Fees Adult Junior Family* 9 Holes $15 $10 $45 18 Holes $22.50 $15 $67.50
- Family = 2 adults and up to 3 juniors
- Hours available for kick off: Monday/Wednesday/Friday - 3.00-6.00pm; every other day - 10.00am-6.00pm
- Junior = under 18 years.
Hire Fees 9-18 Holes Driving Range Club $15 $2 Trundler $5 $5
- Full sets of men's, women's, left and right hand clubs are available
- Minimum of one set of clubs between two people
- Free club hire on the driving range with every large bucket.
One of the fastest ways to improve your golf game is through supervised golf lessons!
Based at Frankton Golf Centre, Jamie McIsaac and his team of qualified PGA Professionals offer a wealth of coaching experience and can help you improve your game.
Lessons are available for first time beginners through to highly skilled players looking for those final few shots off their handicap. Each lesson can be tailored to your problem area - combined with video analysis your game will turn around in no time.
Lessons are available on all aspects of the game, from sliced drives to short missed putts as well as on-course coaching. We'll help you match your individual needs with our lesson packages to continue your ongoing improvement. Lessons and clinics are available seven days a week and can often be arranged at relatively short notice, so give us a call and get back on track to better golf!
Individual Lesson Prices*
Lesson Type Adult Junior 1 x 45-minute golf lesson $79 $65 3 x 45-minute golf lessons $225 N/A 5 x 45-minute golf lessons $350 N/A 10 x 45-minute golf lessons $650 N/A 2-hour playing lesson (+$50 each extra player) $149 N/A
- Juniors = all school students (high school students to provide valid New Zealand ID).
* Prices valid from December 2019.
Beginner Clinics - $199
Never played golf before? Join us in a fun, easy to understand, group-based learning environment. Our beginner programmes cover grip, stance, full swings, chipping and putting. This five-week clinic cost less than $40/session so it’s a cost effective way to learn the basics and get you on the golf course!
- 5-week programme
- Approx. 75 mins per class
- Equipment supplied
- Minimum 4, maximum 8 people per programme.
Register today by phoning our team on 03 442 3584.
Club Fitting - $79
Feel like you make a good swing and the ball doesn’t react how you think it should? Having clubs that fit your golf swing can make a huge difference to the shots you hit. The first step in finding the best suited clubs for you is booking a club fitting session with one of our professionals.
Each club fitting session lasts approximately 45 minutes, depending on what clubs you’re looking for and how many. With multiple brands and models available in our Pro Shop, finding the right head design, loft, shaft flex and weight is easy. Even better, if you purchase golf equipment with us, the club fitting price will come off the total price of the item.
- Wide variety of brands and models
- One on one expert advice from a golf professional
- Try multiple clubs and compare against each.
Frankton Golf Centre is now home of the South Island's first official FootGolf course, which opened early in October 2015.
The niche sport is steadily spreading throughout the world, combining two of the world’s most popular sports, football and golf. Players aim to get a size five football into a 21-inch hole using as few kicks as possible. It’s the same concept as golf, except you use your feet and a football.
What's great about the game is that it's so family orientated. So mum, dad and the kids can come out and have a game together. We've got footballs available and no other equipment is required.
For more info and bookings please phone 03 442 3584 or email email@example.com.Close
Products and Fitting Service
Frankton Golf Centre has a fully stocked golf pro shop offering all the latest golf equipment from leading brands. Everyone is welcome to try out a new club or putter before making a purchase. Our trained staff can custom fit all equipment and also offer a re-shafting/re-gripping service. For honest advice you can trust, come and see the friendly team at Frankton Golf Centre. Gift vouchers are available for golf lessons or Pro Shop products.Close
Wakatipu Junior Golf Club (WJGC)
Frankton Golf Centre, Queenstown Golf Club, Arrowtown Golf Club and Millbrook Resort have joined forces and created a standalone junior club that's based at Frankton Golf Centre.
Its focus is more of a coordinated regional approach to junior golf development across the Wakatipu, with structured progression for individual players.
The club has been set up as a charitable trust.
Benefits of membership:
As a member you have playing rights at Queenstown, Frankton and Arrowtown Golf Clubs with limited playing opportunities at Millbrook, Jacks Point and The Hills; parents of any junior member may also join the club and play with their children under the same conditions as set out in the rules and regulations of the WJGC
All members of WJGC are eligible for free coaching lessons on Saturday mornings at Frankton Golf Centre
A specific pathway, including after-school group lessons and school holiday programmes, is designed exclusively for junior members
Weekly golfing competitions are held at Frankton, Arrowtown and Queenstown Golf Courses.
The golfing year begins January 1st. Parent and child fees are $125.00 per year per person.
For more details, please contact the team at Frankton Golf Centre via phone 03 442 3584 / email firstname.lastname@example.org