Queenstown Lakes will be entering the Orange Light level of the COVID-19 Protection Framework from 11.59pm on 2 December 2021. Learn more about how to stay safe and changes to Council services here.

Useful event resources

On this page you'll find links to useful resources relating to help you create a successful event.

QLDC Brand Guidelines QLDC Event Permit Other links

QLDC Brand Guidelines

For our brand guidelines and tips on how to use our logo correctly when running an event, please take a look at the pdf below. If you require a copy of the QLDC logo, please send us an email advising what file type you need and/or where you will be placing the logo (online, print, email):  events@qldc.govt.nz 

QLDC Event Permit

An Event Permit is required for most events held in public spaces. Our events team will let you know if you need to complete this form after you have submitted your initial Event Enquiry. 

  • Thinking of running an event for young people, by young people, or an all-ages community event. Make it a Good Vibes event, which is fun and alcohol-free.

    A guide for running alcohol-free event has been produced by Alcohol.org in association with the Health Promotion Agency.

    To find out more about running successful alcohol-free events, check out The Good Vibes Guide.

  • The New Zealand Events Association (NZEA) is an independent events industry body leading, celebrating and standing up for every aspect of the events sector.

    Members enjoy access to education and development programmes, advice, networking opportunities and professional resources to inspire a world-class events industry.

    Website: https://nzea.co/

  • New Zealand Government works in partnership with the event sector to support New Zealand’s growing reputation as an attractive destination for major events of global significance.

    Website: https://www.majorevents.govt.nz

  • Many community groups use some form of gambling to raise funds. Activities such as housie, raffles, lotteries and games of chance must comply with the Gambling Act 2003. These activities are placed into class 1, 2 or 3 depending on the level of money involved.

    For more information on this, head here: www.police.govt.nz/advice/personal-community/housie-raffles/games-chance

  • If you are holding an outdoor pyrotechnic display, you need to have an outdoor pyrotechnic display compliance certificate for the event. An application form and supporting documentation must be submitted to a compliance certifier approved for issuing pyrotechnic display compliance certificates.

    For more information, head here: worksafe.govt.nz/topic-and-industry/hazardous-substances/certification-authorisation-approvals-and-licensing/outdoor-pyrotechnic-display-compliance-certificates/


Stay up-to-date

Sign up to our newsletter Scuttlebutt and stay up-to-date with the latest news, events & information in the Queenstown Lakes District.