- Sponsored athletes development programme
- Gym & Group Fitness
- Join now - Queenstown
- Join now - Wanaka
- Plan Your Visit
- Responsible Camping in the Queenstown Lakes District
- Parks and Walkways
- Lakes and Boating
- Mountain Biking
- Sports Leagues
- Kids' Recreation
- Sport & Rec: Covid-19 info
Please note that, outside Auckland, New Zealand returned to Alert Level 1 from Tuesday 22 September. To find out what this means for the pools you can read an email we sent the day before to all our members and visit pass holders here.
QLDC Sport and Recreation operates three aquatic facilities on behalf of our local community. Click each link for more info:
- Alpine Aqualand at Queenstown Events Centre
We offer a variety of aquatic programmes at these facilities including Aquafit, Tri Squad and Ante-Natal Fitness.
Learn to Swim
Our learn-to-swim programmes cover all ages and are operated by QLDC Swim School, endorsed by the New Zealand Swim Teachers and Coaches Association (NZSCTA) as a gold quality swim school.
In addition, Council also provides grants to assist with the operation of the following community pools:
- Glenorchy Community Pool, Cantire Street (open Labour weekend until Easter weekend)
- Hawea Community Pool, Hawea Flat School, Camp Hill Road (open Labour weekend until early March; weather permitting).