- Join now - Queenstown
- Join now - Wanaka
- Plan Your Visit
- Gym & Group Fitness
- Responsible Camping in the Queenstown Lakes District
- Parks and Walkways
- Lakes and Boating
- Mountain Biking
- Sports Leagues
- Kids' Recreation
- Sport & Rec: Covid-19 info
*** Unfortunately all QLDC Sport & Recreation facilities will close at 8.00pm on Monday 23 March until further notice due to Covid-19 ***
QLDC Sport and Recreation operates three aquatic facilities on behalf of our local community. Click each link for more info:
- Alpine Aqualand at Queenstown Events Centre
We offer a variety of aquatic programmes at these facilities including Aquafit, Tri Squad and Ante-Natal Fitness.
Learn to Swim
Our learn-to-swim programmes cover all ages and are operated by QLDC Swim School, endorsed by the New Zealand Swim Teachers and Coaches Association (NZSCTA) as a gold quality swim school.
In addition, Council also provides grants to assist with the operation of the following community pools:
- Glenorchy Community Pool, Cantire Street (open Labour weekend until Easter weekend)
- Hawea Community Pool, Hawea Flat School, Camp Hill Road (open Labour weekend until early March; weather permitting).